WORLD UYGHUR CONGRESS IS HIRING
The World Uyghur Congress (WUC) is an international umbrella organization that represents the collective interest of the Uyghur people both in East Turkistan and abroad and promotes Uyghur human rights, freedom and a peaceful and non-violent solution based on rule of law. The WUC carries out advocacy work in international institutions, including the EU institutions, the United Nations and other multilateral bodies as well as in national parliaments around the world.
Our mission is to advance human rights for the people of East Turkistan. To achieve this goal, we work with governments, parliaments, policymakers, journalists, international organisations and Uyghur groups around the world.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
Starting Date: November 2022
Location: Munich (Germany)
The WUC is currently looking for a full-time Parliamentary Coordinator.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Networking with international actors, including government officials, members of parliament, civil society representatives, and faith-based communities;
- Liaising with national parliaments globally on regular basis;
- Establishing the Uyghur Friendship Group in parliaments;
- Presenting Uyghur Tribunal’s findings and parliamentary resolutions on the Uyghur genocide;
- Developing and implementing advocacy projects to mobilize action by governments, multilateral bodies, parliaments and other relevant stakeholders;
- Representing the WUC at meetings, external events, and delivery of presentations and speeches;
- Writing press releases and official statements as well as background documents and material;
- Preparing submissions for international institutions;
- Drafting parliamentary questions and resolutions to submit to parliamentarians.
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in human rights advocacy (or related advocacy) required;
- University or post-graduate level studies related to Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, and Human Rights are preferable;
- Knowledge of the European Institutions and international human rights mechanisms is required;
- Fluency in English is required; other languages (especially French, Chinese, and Uyghur) are an asset;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff within the organization and autonomously are required.
- Experience in advocacy and lobbying is an advantage;
- Availability to travel occasionally;
- Good knowledge of social media, and other digital platforms;
- A commitment to promote human rights for the Uyghur people;
- Willingness to work longer hours depending on the demand is necessary;
- Knowledge of the Uyghur human rights situation and/or human rights in China would be an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full-time position
Qualified candidates should submit, only via email (mail subject: “Application Parliamentary Coordinator – Munich”), a cover letter and CV in English to: [email protected], and [email protected] by November 15, 2022, at the latest. The start date is as soon as possible. The WUC will cover all expenses and other similar costs associated with the position.