The World Uyghur Congress is Hiring!
The World Uyghur Congress (WUC) is an international organization that represents the collective interests of the Uyghur people in East Turkistan and abroad and promotes human rights, freedom and a peaceful and non-violent solution, based on the rule of law, to the conflict in East Turkistan. The WUC works to defend the rights of the Uighur people in various forums and has established itself as a credible and reliable partner for civil society, states and international institutions.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Project Coordinator (Paris, France). See below for more details:
Project Coordinator (Paris, France)
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2021
Anticipated start date: TBD
The WUC is currently looking for a project coordinator to be based in Paris, France.
TASKS AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement outreach projects to mobilize governments, parliaments, multilateral agencies, civil society and other actors
- Develop and implement media and communication strategies for a global audience
- Liaise with the Uyghur diaspora community
- Writing press releases and official statements as well as documents and reference materials
- Liaise with relevant offices on emerging issues of interest to the WUC
- Establish and maintain relationships with other NGOs
- Representing the WUC at meetings, external events, presentations, speeches and media interviews
- Manage communication
- Support in other assigned tasks
THE CANDIDATE’S PROFILE
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in relevant fields (management, NGO sector)
- Knowledge of the European institutions and the United Nations human rights system
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of online conferencing tools such as Webex and others
- Good communication, negotiation and writing skills
- Experience in advocacy and lobbying is an advantage
- Fluency in French and English (knowledge of Uyghur, Chinese, Russian or Turkish is an asset.)
- Ability to work independently and within tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of social media, e-mail, etc.
- A commitment to promoting human rights for the Uyghur people
- Willingness to work overtime based on demand is required
- Knowledge of the human rights situation concerning the Uyghurs and/or in China is an advantage
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified applicants must submit, only by e-mail (subject of the mail: “Project Coordinator Application”), a motivation letter and a CV in French or English to [email protected], and [email protected] no later than April 15, 2021. The start date will be negotiable, but it is preferable that the applicant start as soon as possible. The WUC will cover all expenses and other costs related to the position.